Construction, Blocks, Playdough etc. Centers
• puzzles, stringing beads, and using manipulatives.
• Making observations about shape and size
• Developing spatial concepts
• Recognizing letters and sounds
• Recognizing my name and how to build or write it
• Learning how to hold a pencil and Pre-writing skill
• Observing, weighing, measuring, etc.
• Learning numbers, counting, shapes, patterns, etc.
Reading & Listening Centers
• Print awareness, letters, and sounds recognition
• Using pre-reading skills and improving comprehension
• Developing listening skills
• Making connections between stories and illustrations.
• Discovering and exploring
• Making predictions, observations and conclusions
Sensory & Art Centers
• Explore and experiment using various sensory media in play (water, sand, paint, mud, rice, rocks, etc.)
• Experiment with colors, mixing colors and creating art
• Building tactile awareness
Dramatic Play Centers
• Experiencing family and community roles
• Exploring real life and anticipating new situations
• Express feelings, emotions and empathy for others